…as I finally got the shower stall and bathroom going. I had to enlarge the hole in the trailer floor for the bathroom drain to fit, but because I’m using bilge hose for the drain instead of solid pipe, I managed to get the drain line past the beam on the underside of the trailer. I set the shower pan in thinset mortar and Brooke and I stuffed the wall cavities with wool insulation and sealed it up with a plastic moisture barrier. Next day, my dad and I added the cementboard on two stall walls:
Next came adding the third shower wall. I framed this in my garage with the plan of moving it into the tiny house and sliding it under the loft beams. Not unexpectedly, the wall got stuck under the first beam and wouldn’t go any further. I managed to get it back out and knocked off the top plate, which gave me 1.5″ of clearance to slide it into place. Once screwed into the floor, I wedged the top plate back into place and toenailed from the studs below. It worked out OK and was good practice for the other half of the bathroom wall still to be erected.
Pulling the PEX line for the kitchen sink was tricky because of all the studs and cripples in the front wall. I had to use a comically long (16″) drill bit to bore a path for the tubing.
All the tubing will terminate in the shower wall where hot and cold water manifolds will distribute the water. Soon I will drill holes in the front of wall and run pipe to access my Ecotemp propane water heater (to be mounted on the front exterior wall) and 35 gallon water tank.