Now that the outside of Casita Verde is essentially complete, I am now focused on working on the Great Indoors. First on my list is getting the loft floors installed, but before I can do that I needed to shellac the master loft beams (I completed Brooke’s loft beams a few months ago as I was curious how the amber shellac finish would look). I did this Friday, giving each beam three coats of shellac for that yummy, honey-dipped look:
Thinking forward to when the bathroom (where the ladder is in the photo above) will be built, I routed a grove into one of the roof beams and ran 12-gauge wire through it for the electrical service. This will be covered by the loft flooring:
To drill through the beams and all those top and bottom plates for pulling wire, I bought the mother of all drill bits – 16″ long!